Forum Discussion

MJ7
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Payroll does not meet ATO requirements message

Don't worry, the issue has been resolved.  I can't figure out how to delete my post below.  Moderators, please feel free to delete.  Thanks

*******************************************************************************************************************

Hi

I am in the process of setting up a new casual employee in payroll. 

I have filled out all the information exactly as I've done for all past employees.  However, when I go to process this weeks payrun I keep the following message " Your payroll information doesn't meet ATO requirements".

The Error code for the new casual employee says: "Income Type is needed".

Can anyone please urgently advise how I can fix this error as I have filled in all the payroll information correctly and don't know what this error is referring to.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MJ7

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this ! 

You can delete your post when signed into the Community Forum by going to your avatar > clicking on my posts > selecting the post > there is 3 dots on the right hand side of the post > select delete. 

Liz-IE
    Contributing Cover User

Hi, I am having the same issue with a casual employee.

Could you please let me know how this issue can be resolved.

MJ7
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Liz-IE

I was the original poster of this question and for my issue, I was able to resolve it by doing the following:

- Click Payroll
      - Click Employees

- Select your Employee that the issue is with

- Click the Payroll details tab

- Click the Taxes tab

- Underneath the heading Tax Table Calculations, select "Income Type" and make a selection (in my case I chose Salary & Wages and this fixed my issue).

Anyway, I hope this helps.  Good luck