Forum Discussion

5 days ago
Solved

STP - Pay runs done prior to set up of STP

I am new to MYOB and received training from a provider though had incorrect information. I was not aware that I was required to set up STP so i have 6 pay runs missing from STP (Feb to May). I can not reverse the pay runs. I had called the ATO each day for 2 weeks, and finally got through on Tuesday and they referred me through to MYOB, so I lodged a support request immediately and as yet still no response (except that they have received it) 3 days later - and we must have it lodged by July 14th so by today and there is no ability to follow up with support (I have replied to their support email and asked for a response yesterday). Could any one please let me know what to do next as there are only a few hours left of today to get it sorted. Thank you for any assistance. 

gavin12345
    4 days ago

Hi LeeanneBRC 

I posted a few times explaining how STP Reporting works, however MYOB staff keep blocking the posts, so I cannot provide a link.

Basically ignore the 6 missing payruns. Everytime you lodge a pay run, MYOB doesn't just report that payrun (they cannot) - they must report the employee's YTD totals with each Report. This is because the ATO replaces all previous pay's YTD amounts with this pay's YTD amounts. So provided you lodged the final pay for the year, even if you missed dozens of previous pay runs, the ATO will have the latest YTD amounts for the Income Statements.

I am not suggesting or encouraging employers from lodging pay runs, legally you are required to lodge on or before the date of each payment. I am simply explaining how STP Reporting works from an employee's Income Statement point of view. Sure your Business Activity Statement  prefill amount was wrong for the affected quarter, but as that quarter is long gone, nothing is gained by trying to lodge old pay runs.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LeeanneBRC ,

For the pay run that isn't showing in the Single Touch Payroll (STP) report, it's crucial to cross-check your payroll activity and register reports with your Year-to-Date (YTD) verification report to ensure accurate recording in your MYOB system, even if it's not reflected in STP.

And also, If you have a case number and haven't received a response, you can contact our live chat team at MYOB.com/support. They can assist you further by referencing your case number and addressing any unresolved issues from previous interactions with MOCA.

Regards,
    Earl

LeeanneBRC
      User

Thank you so very much Earl. 

My payroll register report, the payroll summary report and the year to date verification report all match each other and include the 6 missed pay runs on STP. 

I have taken a look to look for the live chat on MYOB.com/support though have not found it.

Can you help me with what to do next or if not could you  please direct me where to find the live chat -i found the MOCA though I am not able to find anything I need through that. 

Thank you 

Leeanne

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi LeeanneBRC 

I posted a few times explaining how STP Reporting works, however MYOB staff keep blocking the posts, so I cannot provide a link.

Basically ignore the 6 missing payruns. Everytime you lodge a pay run, MYOB doesn't just report that payrun (they cannot) - they must report the employee's YTD totals with each Report. This is because the ATO replaces all previous pay's YTD amounts with this pay's YTD amounts. So provided you lodged the final pay for the year, even if you missed dozens of previous pay runs, the ATO will have the latest YTD amounts for the Income Statements.

I am not suggesting or encouraging employers from lodging pay runs, legally you are required to lodge on or before the date of each payment. I am simply explaining how STP Reporting works from an employee's Income Statement point of view. Sure your Business Activity Statement  prefill amount was wrong for the affected quarter, but as that quarter is long gone, nothing is gained by trying to lodge old pay runs.

Regards

Gavin