Forum Discussion

DTull
Trusted Partner
2 years ago
Solved

STP for prior years

Hi Tracey_H I have a real tricky one... have a new client with AccountRight:

It says the current accounting period is June 2018;

yet Payrolls have been processed to 30/6/2022.

In the accounting reports, I cant get any P&Ls post the 2019FY (which I understand).

But in the STP reporting and Finalisation, the only years there are 2022FY and the new 2023FY.

Their portal reports show that payroll is not finalised for the 2020 & 2021FYs, but they do have correct YTD Payment Summary balances recorded for those 2020 & 2021 FYs. 

Is there a way we can do the outstanding 20 & 21 FY Single Touch Payroll Finalisations?

Kind regards

Darren Tull

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • DTull 

Hi Darren

Sorry I missed that you tagged me in a post earlier this month, it's good to see you back here, hope you're well. The financial year and payroll year are separate years. The financial year needs to be manually closed, the payroll year automatically rolls over when the first pay run in the current year is processed. 

In the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab you can view the pay run reports for every year STP has been reported. In the EOFY finalisation tab you can only select the previous and current years. This is because finalisations or amendments for any years prior to the previous one need to be done through the ATO. 

You'll need to contact the ATO about finalising the 2020 and 2021 years. If you're advised to lodge payment summaries you can still do this in AccountRight by clicking on Command Centres in the top menu bar>>Payroll>>Prepare payment summaries.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DTull
      Trusted Partner

Hi Tracey_H thanks very much, but when you say "you can still do this in AccountRight by clicking on Command Centres in the top menu bar>>Payroll>>Prepare payment summaries", doing it this way produces 2022 only Payment Summaries.

how do you change the year to produce 2020 & 2021 payment summaries & the relevant empdupe files?

Thanking you

Darren

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

DTull 

Sorry Darren, I should have mentioned that you'll need to restore back ups for the 2020 and 2021 years to prepare the payment summaries. You'll need back ups taken on or just before 30 June for each year so that they have all the payroll information for the whole year. 

Let me know how you go.