Forum Discussion

5 days ago
Solved

STP - Pay runs done prior to set up of STP

I am new to MYOB and received training from a provider though had incorrect information. I was not aware that I was required to set up STP so i have 6 pay runs missing from STP (Feb to May). I can no...
    gavin12345
    4 days ago

Hi LeeanneBRC 

I posted a few times explaining how STP Reporting works, however MYOB staff keep blocking the posts, so I cannot provide a link.

Basically ignore the 6 missing payruns. Everytime you lodge a pay run, MYOB doesn't just report that payrun (they cannot) - they must report the employee's YTD totals with each Report. This is because the ATO replaces all previous pay's YTD amounts with this pay's YTD amounts. So provided you lodged the final pay for the year, even if you missed dozens of previous pay runs, the ATO will have the latest YTD amounts for the Income Statements.

I am not suggesting or encouraging employers from lodging pay runs, legally you are required to lodge on or before the date of each payment. I am simply explaining how STP Reporting works from an employee's Income Statement point of view. Sure your Business Activity Statement  prefill amount was wrong for the affected quarter, but as that quarter is long gone, nothing is gained by trying to lodge old pay runs.

Regards

Gavin