Forum Discussion

robbau
User
2 months ago
Solved

Pay Run vs Spend Money

When viewing my profit and loss reports I had a look at my payroll expenses and found that there are several transactions recorded, where I have payed my employees and it was recorded twice in the system. The first time its either recorded as Spend Money or Pay Run, however the total balance continues to increase even though its the same transaction being categorised in two different ways. I realise the second time the transaction is recorded the tax has been deducted, but I am still confused as to why its recorded twice. 

• Hi robbau,

It's great to have you in our Community Forum!

Thank you for your post. Seeing payroll expenses recorded twice in your profit and loss reports could be due to some reasons. The "Spend Money" category typically refers to general expenses, while "Pay Run" is specifically used for payroll transactions. If the same payroll transaction is being recorded under both categories, it could appear as if the expense is being recorded twice.

Therefore, if you're seeing the same payroll transaction recorded twice, it might be worth conducting a thorough review of your transactions and bank reconciliation process to determine what's causing the transaction to show up twice.

If the issue still persists after checking thoroughly, I highly recommend reaching out to our help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant for immediate queries. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi robbau,

It's great to have you in our Community Forum!

Thank you for your post. Seeing payroll expenses recorded twice in your profit and loss reports could be due to some reasons. The "Spend Money" category typically refers to general expenses, while "Pay Run" is specifically used for payroll transactions. If the same payroll transaction is being recorded under both categories, it could appear as if the expense is being recorded twice.

Therefore, if you're seeing the same payroll transaction recorded twice, it might be worth conducting a thorough review of your transactions and bank reconciliation process to determine what's causing the transaction to show up twice.

If the issue still persists after checking thoroughly, I highly recommend reaching out to our help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant for immediate queries. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella