Forum Discussion

MareePP
Experienced Partner
6 hours ago

STP EOY Finalisation when not set up correctly

Hi

I have a client who has been using MYOB Business to pay their staff. They neglected to set up STP Reporting and I now find that there was a income type code missing in the taxes section of their setup. This has now been corrected but the EOY finalisation report is being rejected by the ATO due to prior pays being processed without that code there. 

Is there a way to correct this problem - it is 6 months of pays for a restaurant so rekeying all of them would be a laborious project.

Thanks

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MareePP ,

Thanks for your post. As long as the latest pay run is processed and accepted without errors, it means the issue has been corrected. The status of previous pay runs marked as "accepted with errors" or "rejected" will not change. Please check the Payroll Register, Payroll Activity, and YTD Verification reports to ensure everything is correct before finalizing.  I would also recommend on visiting this help article for more information:

End of year finalisation with Single Touch Payroll reporting

Regards,
    Earl

MareePP
      Experienced Partner

As the error was only discovered last week does this mean they need to reverse the last payroll in June and reprocess.

as workers are casual will this pick up any employees who were not paid in that last pay run. Or will their last pays also need to be reversed and rerun?