Forum Discussion

PS3
User
2 years ago
Solved

Trying to pay Superannuation but it is telling me the following...

Hi. I am new to the MYOB Payroll software.  I am trying to make the Superannuation payments but I have a message saying the following:

One employee has an SMSF and it is saying the ABN is incorrect (and it is not);

The other employee's note is saying that the Fund can no longer receive contributions using Pay Superannuation & to please edit the fund & select a valid fund name for it???  I have checked the fund website and all details are correct.

Please help :)

• Hi PS3 

Thanks for your post. To correct the situation, kindly re-set up the super fund within the file by going to Business name (upper right hand corner) > Payroll settings > Superannuation funds > Create super fund > Then fill out all the necessary fields. The Help Article Set up superannuation funds will provide you with all the information available.

And for the error saying that the fund can no longer receive contributions, please provide the USI and/or ABN as well as the fund name. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PS3 

Thanks for your post. To correct the situation, kindly re-set up the super fund within the file by going to Business name (upper right hand corner) > Payroll settings > Superannuation funds > Create super fund > Then fill out all the necessary fields. The Help Article Set up superannuation funds will provide you with all the information available.

And for the error saying that the fund can no longer receive contributions, please provide the USI and/or ABN as well as the fund name. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

PS3
      User

Thank you.  That seemed to do the trick.

The 2nd problem was that the employee's accountant has not completed their SMSF tax return and their regulation details had been removed. So I will not be able to make their contributions until it has been brought up to date.

Thanks again

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PS3 

Thanks for the update and Sorry for the delay of response.

Yes that is right. Make that everything up to date before making any contributions.

Best regards,

Doreen