Forum Discussion

Veena
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item amount.

I would dearly like this issue to be resolved. Timesheets are used- a full 80 hours is allocated to one job. Problem is: gross hourly rate is inclusive of Tool Allowance, General Industry Allowance a...
    Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi Veena 

In STP Phase 2 the ATO requires the amounts paid for allowances to be reported separately from gross payments. This means that you would need to reduce the base hourly rate by the allowance rates. The total gross pay should be the same, it's just split into different pay items.

When you add a job you're allocating the amount of that pay item to the job. If the job amount you enter is more than the amount paid against that pay item you will get the error Unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item

For example, the amount paid to the Base hourly pay item is $1900:

If I try to add the full pay run amount to the Base hourly pay item I get that error:

If I enter the amount of the pay item I can successfully add the job:

To expense the full pay run to the job, add the job for each pay item:

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.