Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

Unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item amount.

Hi,

We get this error even though we have the category of each leave type to override the base hourly hours. it changes the hours only, not the $$ value and you have to go in and change every employee manually. Am I missing something that adjusst both hours and value?

E.g. 162.5 hours per month, but 7.5 of that is Annual Leave. I alter the annual leave hours and it adds the value for annual leave, but only reduces the hours of base hourly, not the value. So then the total hours for both are ok, but the total value of both are over and it throws the error.

• Hi bsaberton,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum.

In this matter, kindly ensure that the annual leave pay item has the option "Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details" selected. This setting will automatically reduce the entered base hours and amount when you add annual leave hours in a pay run.

When you add a job, you're allocating the amount of that pay item to the job. If the job amount you enter is more than the amount paid against that pay item, you will get the error Unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item.

Please see the attached screenshots below for your reference:

• The amount paid to the base hourly pay item is $1425.00.

• If I try to allocate the full amount to the added job before entering the annual leave hours, I'll get the error:

• If I enter the leave hours before adding a job, it reduces the base hours and amount.

Please let me know how you get along and if you require further assistance. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi bsaberton,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum.

In this matter, kindly ensure that the annual leave pay item has the option "Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details" selected. This setting will automatically reduce the entered base hours and amount when you add annual leave hours in a pay run.

When you add a job, you're allocating the amount of that pay item to the job. If the job amount you enter is more than the amount paid against that pay item, you will get the error Unable to add jobs because the total allocated is more than the pay item.

Please see the attached screenshots below for your reference:

• The amount paid to the base hourly pay item is $1425.00.

• If I try to allocate the full amount to the added job before entering the annual leave hours, I'll get the error:

• If I enter the leave hours before adding a job, it reduces the base hours and amount.

Please let me know how you get along and if you require further assistance. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess