Forum Discussion

Jennielee
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

Unused Holiday Leave

We have an employee leaving and I created a pay item for Unused Holiday Leave, but when I have used this pay item, the employees Leave Balance was not reduced.

I went into Pay Items/Leave/Holiday Leave Accrual and tried to link the Unused Holiday Leave item as a 'Link Wage Pay Item' but I got the error message: 'Exemptions can only be applied to Hourly wage categories.' See attached screen shot.

• Hi Jennielee 

If the unused leave are still not deducting from the leave accruals, kindly process another pay run with the Pay cycle of Unscheduled. Pay period start, Pay period end and Date of payment can be dated as today's date. Then on the leave accrual, enter negative number of hours to cancel out the available leave hours. You should be able to process a void pay run if your are using timesheets as long as the Pay cycle is Unscheduled.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jennielee 

Thanks for your post.

When setting up a pay item for Unused Holiday Leave, it needs to be set up through Wages and salary tab. The Help Article Processing final pay will provide you steps on how to do this. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

Jennielee
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen,

Thanks for the reply, but you may have misunderstood my question, the Unused Holiday Leave pay item has already been set up. The issue is that when I used the Unused Holiday Leave pay item to pay out the employees leave, their leave balance did not reduce down to zero.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jennielee 

Thanks for the update.

To move forward with this, kindly attach a screenshot of how Unused Holiday Leave was set up.

Best regards,

Doreen

Jennielee
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Doreen,

Please see below screen shots to show how the Unused Holiday Leave Pay Item is set up.

Kind regards,

Jen Nie

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jennielee 

Thanks for these details.

When linking a wage pay item to a leave entitlement, make sure to set up the calculation basis accordingly for both wage and leave pay item. To check it, The Help Article Set up leave. Once checked, please link the wage pay item to that leave pay item by going to Payroll > Pay items > Leave tab > Click the pay item name then go to Link wage pay item, select the Unused Holiday Leave.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
        Doreen