Forum Discussion

BS-13
User
2 years ago
Solved

Updating Employee Pay details

I am trying to update an employee from Casual to Fulltime Salary and getting this error "One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets'

I am using MYOB Business file. Can you please help?

• Hi BS-13 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you've paid an hourly-based employee using timesheets and entered an amount under the Base Hourly category, it is not possible to be unselected and will continue to show on the employee's pay.

Make sure you've added the new category, and check there are no amount listed for Base Hourly when you do your next payrun, they both should be there but the Base Hourly will just show as 0 on every future payrun. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi BS-13 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you've paid an hourly-based employee using timesheets and entered an amount under the Base Hourly category, it is not possible to be unselected and will continue to show on the employee's pay.

Make sure you've added the new category, and check there are no amount listed for Base Hourly when you do your next payrun, they both should be there but the Base Hourly will just show as 0 on every future payrun. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.