Forum Discussion

campaignr
Experienced User
9 months ago

Slow generation of report pack

MYOB Business is failing to generate report packs this morning. MYOB status shows no issues, but failure to generate report packs impacts customers. Is anyone else encountering this issue? Any suggestions for how to fix it?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    campaignr
    Experienced User

The report pack production has failed all day. The lack of response at all today from MYOB is very disappointing. It's looking like it's time to migrate to Xero.

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi campaignr,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I am sorry to hear that you were having an issue in loading your reports. Can you please confirm if you get specific error messages when trying to load the reports pack? Please attach screenshot of the errors so we can investigate.

We also recommend doing the basic trouble shooting like Clearing Cache. Clearing them fixes certain problems, it can also speed up your device. and you can also try it on a different browser. 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post again. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

campaignr
        Experienced User

Thank you, Cel. I appreciate your polite welcome, though I'm not new to the Community Forum and often turn to it when encountering problems with MYOB. I wish MYOB would provide a proper support service rather than relying on the community of users to help each other.

Over the weekend, MYOB's report pack generation process would get stuck in a software hang, with the purple circling graphic indicating the reporting was being processed, but it never completed the process. 

I cleared the cache and tried a variety of browsers. I also logged out, paused and logged in again. Plus, I shut down, waited, rebooted, and logged in again. I believe the fault is in MYOB's coding.

I had reporting due by a deadline. I had to find a workaround. I found that I could run individual reports. I then merged them into a single PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.