Forum Discussion

Tektite
Experienced User
11 months ago

Can't retrieve item

Hi, 

Request ID: 56e94fc1-56c4-479e-8776-36e04bd7b07a.

Request ID: 73cf4c60-5304-46fc-884d-466d1bb83495.

When trying to retrieve some items for invoices, I was unable to.  I have tried refreshing my browser, but that did not help.

Regards

Tektite

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Tektite

Thank you so much for your post and for the screenshot. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response.

Can you please confirm if it's the same error if you try to login from a different browser? We also recommend to login using Google Chrome(browser) or use the New Incognito window. 

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Tektite
      Experienced User

Hi Earl

I ended up using Chat for help with this last week because I was getting desperate.  It has helped somewhat.  I am not getting the error message:  We could not retrieve information details for this item. Please try again later.

But I have a problem with being able to retrieve all my items.  Before the upgrade, I would enter an abbreviated item ID, such as D21T, into the item field, and all the items starting with that code would be available for me to choose from.  Now I get a list of about 20 items, yet I know that there are over 100 items beginning with D21T.

At the moment, I have to go into Items to find the exact Item ID I want, write it down and then do the invoice.  It is very time consuming.

I am using Google Chrome on an iMac.  My OS is Ventura 13.3.  I have tried refreshing my browser and emptying the cache.

Cheers

Tektite

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Tektite,

Thanks for the detailed information and my apologies for the late response. If you're experiencing an issue with retrieving all your items in MYOB, especially when entering an abbreviated item ID and not seeing the complete list, it could be related to the search or filtering settings. Here are steps to help you address this issue and potentially retrieve the full list of items:

• When you enter an abbreviated item ID, might apply search parameters that limit the number of results displayed. Look for options or filters in the item search field that may affect the search results.
        • Make sure that there are no filters or search criteria applied that would narrow down the search results. Clear any filters and perform a general search using the abbreviated item ID.
        • Check the number of items displayed per page in your item list. There may be pagination or page size settings that limit the number of items shown on a single page. Look for options to increase the number of items displayed.
        • Verify the sorting options for your item list. Sorting by item ID or name alphabetically can help you locate the item you're looking for more easily.
        • If you're still not finding the specific item you need, try searching with additional keywords or characters from the item description or name. This can help narrow down the results.
        • Ensure that you are using the latest version of MYOB software, as updates may include bug fixes and improvements to search functionality. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.

By addressing these aspects, you should be able to retrieve the complete list of items when entering an abbreviated item ID. Adjusting search settings, removing filters, and ensuring your software is up to date are key steps in resolving this issue.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl