Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Changing Customer Payment terms for all customers

Hello,

Is there a way to change the payment terms for sales invoices so that the change to the terms apply to all customers not just new customers?  

I've looked at the customer card and can't seem to find anything there.  

Thank you

Angela

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AngelaDT 

Thanks for your post. Since the option to change the payment terms from the Sales Settings only applies to new customer. When changing the payment terms for existing customer, it can only be changed manually when creating the invoices. Kindly refer to the screenshot attached below.

While creating an invoice, click on the Due date then the drop down arrow under Payment is. Choose the applicable option. Also, you change the number of days after the issue date. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

• Thanks Doreen_P 

I've just read the April Release notes from MYOB and saw that this was an updated feature.  (Being able to remember terms for existing customers.)  When I make changes to the terms for existing customers I am getting an error message saying our ABN must be in a certain format.  I've checked, and our ABN is in the correct format.  

Any ideas as to why this is happening.

Thank you.

Angela

Celia_B
        MYOB Staff

Hi JodyB 

May I know how you go about this issue? 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

Cheers, 

Cel

JodyB
      Experienced Cover User

My question is similar to above, there is a new Purple comment under the Drop down payment due box that says "Remeber Terms for this Customer"  this does not work will this be something to be looked at or am I doing something wrong

Celia_B
        MYOB Staff

Hi JodyB 

Thanks for your post. 

If you can see the purple comment under the Drop down payment due box that says "Remember Terms for this Customer", you will just need to change or check the default customer terms by going to Sales tab of the Preferences window. (Setup>>Preferences>>Sales tab>>Terms button).

Let me know how you go, Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel