Forum Discussion

Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Client overpaid an invoice

In Essentials how do I reconcile a payment when only a portion can be allocated to an existing account and the rest needs to be credited to the customers account.

• Hi 8256342 

Thanks for your post. You will need to create an invoice payment for the total amount received, including the overpayment. This will automatically create a customer return. You can then apply the customer return to an unpaid invoice.

These Help Articles have detailed instructions:

Customer overpayments

Processing customer returns

The invoice payment transaction will be for the full amount received so can be matched with the bank transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 8256342 

Thanks for your post. You will need to create an invoice payment for the total amount received, including the overpayment. This will automatically create a customer return. You can then apply the customer return to an unpaid invoice.

These Help Articles have detailed instructions:

Customer overpayments

Processing customer returns

The invoice payment transaction will be for the full amount received so can be matched with the bank transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.