Forum Discussion

KathyH61
Experienced User
2 days ago

CUSTOMER SALES (DETAIL REPORT) ADD LINE DESCRIPTION OPTION

I have posted about this before months ago, but why is there no description showing in this report.  Surely this is a must as it is a "detail report".  We need to be able to see what the invoice was issued for.  Ironically, I can generate a general ledger report with "fee income" filtered that allows for "line description" which shows the details.  Come on MYOB, surely it is a quick fix to add "line description" option to this report.

1 Reply

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KathyH61,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the "Customer Sales (Detail Report)" and the absence of the "line description" option again. I totally get how crucial it is for a detailed report to include line descriptions, especially when you need clarity on what each invoice was issued for. 

Currently, the system shows the description line if you're using the item and services layout when creating invoices and if the "Use item description on sales and purchases" option is ticked. For invoices using the services layout, the description line will be blank. I agree that adding the "line description" option to both sales layouts would be a useful improvement. I encourage you to post this as a feature suggestion on our MYOB Business Idea Exchange so our developers can consider it for future updates.

Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers,

Princess