Forum Discussion

RoyTi
Contributing User
2 years ago

Invoice Sequencing

Why are invoices being saved out of numerical sequence? This was not an issue prior to the release of the latest version.

Also it is also now possible to manually duplicate invoice numbers. Again something that was not possible using the previous version.

The same problem occurs with billing numbers.

Roy

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RoyTi 

Thanks for your post. The invoice number is automatically generated, based on the last number you used. If you use quotes it will use the same sequence as the invoice numbering. If you change the invoice number, you’ll change the automatic numbering. For example, if you change the number to 000081, the next time you create an invoice, the new invoice number will be 000082

As for the duplicate invoice numbers not giving you a warning, this is something we are aware of and our team is currently investigating.

RoyTi
      Contributing User

Your response does not address the issue of "Why Invoices are suddenly being saved out of sequence." 

I have been using MYOB since 2013 and fully understand how the invoice numbers are sequenced. Your response gives e the impression you think "I am an idiot".

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RoyTi 

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I explained how the sequencing usually works, we often find that when clients are using quotes they assume the sequence is out of order when they convert these into invoices. In order to investigate why the sequencing in your file is out of order I would need to know more information. For example when does this happen, how do you create these invoices etc? It could also be helpful to upload some screenshots.