Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Need to issue a "Credit Note" not a Customer return

Hi there, 

Is there a way to change the terminalogy of "Customer Return" to "Credit Note"?

We are a service based bussiness, the term customer return makes zero sense when I need to raise a credit note or an ajustment for a service. 

A lot of my customers are confused as to what is being return when they just need an adjustment to the invoice. 

Please advise. 

Thanks 

• Hi Maverick_AKL

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your inquiry, as of this time, the only way to modify the term "Customer Return" to "Credit Note" is by adjusting your sales forms. In MYOB Business, locate the form template associated with customer returns or credit notes in your sales or invoicing settings. Within the form template, find the field labeled "Customer Return." Modify it to "Credit Note" or your preferred term, then save the changes. Once saved, make sure your transactions utilize the customized form.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

1 Reply

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Maverick_AKL

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your inquiry, as of this time, the only way to modify the term "Customer Return" to "Credit Note" is by adjusting your sales forms. In MYOB Business, locate the form template associated with customer returns or credit notes in your sales or invoicing settings. Within the form template, find the field labeled "Customer Return." Modify it to "Credit Note" or your preferred term, then save the changes. Once saved, make sure your transactions utilize the customized form.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth