Forum Discussion

Linj
Experienced User
2 years ago

Recaptcha

Why oh Why do we need this annoying trouble making add on ? We log in, we have codes yet still we have to go through this rigmarole each time to send an invioce from our own accounting package - twice this week i am unable to send invoices out. Bloody ridiculous!

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I agree.  It's ridiculous, and it's an invasion of privacy.  I watched a video this week which explained what re-captcha is really about.  When we tick that box, we enter into a contract with Google, giving them permission to check and record our browsing history.  Because of this, I am NOT emailing invoices from MYOB.  There is a pdf button.  I am selecting that, saving the invoice to my computer, and then emailing it.  This is very inconvenienct, but it's a better option for me, because Google has no business checking and recording my browsing history. 

Linj
      Experienced User

Have decided and after 12 years of MYOb I am going to look at other options and drop MYob altogether.

PJ0001
        User

I don't blame you.  I might look at other options too.  My bookkeeper just migrated to Zero from MYOB because she believes it's better.

Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Linj 

If your business has recently upgraded to MYOB Business, users will be required to go through a reCAPTCHA system to verify identity prior to emailing out of the software. For the majority of users that function will be disabled automatically by the system after a period of time.

While we do understand the impact that having that enabled does have with users needing to verify each time they invoice, its intention is to prevent the MYOB Business system from being used to send unsolicited emails from the system. This, in turn, helps the email system from being clogged with emails which would prevent true emails from sending or MYOB from "turning off" the email system for a period of time.

After a period time that function should be disabled for the business thus allowing emails to be send without the need to reCAPTCHA. Apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meanwhile. 

Linj
      Experienced User

So 2 days in a row now i cant use myob to send out invoices because recaptcha not working

Are MYOB going to pay MY bills this week because I can't get any money in due to MYOB NOT WORKING ????

Very unhappy customer :(

Linj
        Experienced User

s no answer whatsoever - I have had this myob for 10 years - i have been invoicing the same customers on the same email addresses for all this time every single month - so please don't try and hand out a load of hogwash such as your answer above - I am seriously looking to move from MYOB because of this situation which keeps reoccuring with capthca which is wholly ridiculous given the amount of security we already go through to get into OUR OWN business accounts which we then cant use!