Forum Discussion

OSP_Accounts
Contributing User
2 years ago

Selected tax code does not exist

Keep on getting the Error “Selected tax code does not exist” when trying to save an invoice.

• Timeline of events:

03/06/22 - Search

Found a response from an MYOB Moderator, to someone else's post with the same issue (see attached PDF). However neither ticking nor unticking the "I Pay Freight on Sales" or "I Pay Freight on Purchases" setting resolves this issue.

09/06/22 - Webchat

Spoke to MYOB support via webchat, a case file was created (01038293). The officer at MYOB stated that he's 'escalated this issue for me'.

20/06/22 - Phonecall #1

Spoke to MYOB support via phone call. It turns out the previous officer put in some gyberish that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the issue. I repeated the issue all over again (the one I'd been waiting two weeks for). A case file was created (01045549). Said officer then transfered me to the Essentials Technical department.

Essentials Technical department hung up on me after being on hold.

20/06/22 - Phonecall #2

Spoke to MYOB support via phone call. The officer recites the notes from the newer case file, which was put in properly.

Said officer then transfered me to the Essentials Technical department.

By now, it's been a total of two hours of phone time.

Essentials Technical department hung up on me after being on hold.

As a matter of urgency, can someone hurry up and attend to this?

We have not been able to save invoices for 2 weeks!

This is appauling.

Im used to MYOB completely ignoring any form of case file that is created, and I've let your company off the hook a lot of times over the years. But this is making me question: 'WHAT we are even paying for?!'.

MYOB; hurry up & get it together, because I am close to making the recommendation to my Employer that we switch to Xero, given that you are willingly charging for a product that does not do, what it states that it's supposed to do (which is illegal by the way).

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    OSP_Accounts
    Contributing User

For full transparency to all existing MYOB Essentials users that are going through this same issue, I'm adding new timeline of events below.

21/06/22 - Official Forum

MYOB Moderator asked via private message; for permission to have a team access our company file from the back end, in order to investigate.

Permission was granted & sufficient account/user information was given.

22/06/22 - Software

The issue is still persisting.

CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi OSP_Accounts 

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for the details, I'm sorry to hear that your recent calls to our phone support team was unsatisfactory. 

For this particular error, could you please check the following:

- Was this transaction created using the 'Prefill from recurring' function then received edits after? If so, this is still something our developers are investigating, in the meanwhile please delete and re-create the transaction manually and don't use the 'prefill from recurring' option.

- If the prefill option wasn't used, then please do go to Accounting > Manage linked accounts > Sales (since the transaction in question is a sales invoice) > tick 'I charge freight on sales' and make sure there is a linked account selected for it, save the changes then try saving the transaction again. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

OSP_Accounts
      Contributing User

• [...]"Was this transaction created using the 'Prefill from recurring' function"[...]

No.

• [...]"If the prefill option wasn't used, then please do go to Accounting > Manage linked accounts > Sales (since the transaction in question is a sales invoice) > tick 'I charge freight on sales' and"[...]

I've already stated above that this does not fix the issue.

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi OSP_Accounts 

Thank you for the update.

I'd like to clarify that ticking the option of "I charge freight...' only doesn't solve this problem, it requires a linked account selected for it. Could you please check again that there is a linked account set for freight? 

If the linked account is set, could you please send me a private message with the following so I can look into it further for you?

- A screenshot of the full invoice details that you are trying to enter/edit

- A screenshot of the Manage Linked Accounts > Sales page, showing the freight option and its linked account field. 

- Does this error occur for this particular invoice only? Or does it occur when entering other new transactions as well? 

You can do so by mouse over my avatar and choose 'Send a message'.