Forum Discussion

gx4x4
Experienced User
4 months ago

SUPPLIER PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER NOT CHANGING

Not sure if anyone has come across this problem, when I post a run of  Supplier Payments, the reference number

does not change, I have to manually enter the next number in sequence. This only happens on  create Supplier Payments. When posting Bank Statement withdrawals or receipts, the reference numbers automatically change to the next number. Any help to correct this problem would be appreciated..

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, gx4x4

Thanks for your post.

To correct the situation, you can enter a manual reference number. For example, 00000001. There are some instances where you only enter 01 or something like 3 digits as the reference number. It may be because that reference number has already been used. You may also refer to the screenshots below.

Screenshot 1, recorded a supplier payment with a reference number #2 as seen on the screenshot.

Screenshot 2, recorded another payment. Reference number 3 was generated automatically by the system.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen