Forum Discussion

TLegal
User
2 months ago
Solved

Wrong invoice status paid

Hi

My client paid my invoice in parts (I did a bulk invoice of multiple jobs) and so the overall invoice was not allocated and is shown as unpaid but the wrong invoice is shown as paid (a part one for another job).

Can I manually set each one as paid and unpaid?

Thanks

TLegal

• Hi TLegal,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. You can manually adjust the payment status of invoices in MYOB by following these steps:

• Go to Sales > Invoices.
    • Select the invoice in question.
    • At the bottom, under activity history, there should be a payment received and a code.
    • Click on this code, and you can change the account or delete the incorrect payment.
    • If you don’t need to delete it, you can just change the account here.
    • After this, you will need to record the correct payment against the invoice. As you have bank feeds, you should be able to see the transaction under bank transactions.
    • If multiple online invoice payments are banked on the same day, they will come into the bank feed as a bulk payment.
    • Click on the option available on the right side; it may say one match was found or allocate me. Click into it and select match transaction, then change show close matches to all transactions and select the payments that make up the total amount.

Feel free to reply if you need further help. I also recommend getting in touch through our online help center, MOCA, whenever you need immediate assistance with this.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TLegal,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. You can manually adjust the payment status of invoices in MYOB by following these steps:

• Go to Sales > Invoices.
    • Select the invoice in question.
    • At the bottom, under activity history, there should be a payment received and a code.
    • Click on this code, and you can change the account or delete the incorrect payment.
    • If you don’t need to delete it, you can just change the account here.
    • After this, you will need to record the correct payment against the invoice. As you have bank feeds, you should be able to see the transaction under bank transactions.
    • If multiple online invoice payments are banked on the same day, they will come into the bank feed as a bulk payment.
    • Click on the option available on the right side; it may say one match was found or allocate me. Click into it and select match transaction, then change show close matches to all transactions and select the payments that make up the total amount.

Feel free to reply if you need further help. I also recommend getting in touch through our online help center, MOCA, whenever you need immediate assistance with this.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella