Forum Discussion

GordyM1
Contributing User
4 months ago

Accessing FX Values

Hi, I am accessing our MYOB data from the cloud. I can find the transactions I want in either JournalsTransactions table, SpendMoney or ReceiveMoney tables.

The issue I have is that I can only find the NZD amount. The transactions I am looking at are all USD transactions and I need to find the USD amount for each transaction. Each transaction is entered via Receive money in MYOB.

You help would be much approeciated.

Gordon

10 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, GordyM1

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If you wish to see the transactions entered through receive money, you can run the general ledger report and filter it for the specific account you use for multicurrency. Please let us know if you require further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

GordyM1
      Contributing User

Sorry have been away overseas. I probably didn't make myself clear. I am trying to access this data from the backend and report on it in excel. I can find the transaction in the Journal Transactions table but there is no FX amount or exchange rate I can find to convert the amount into a FX amount (it is only shown in NZD).

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi GordyM1 , what program are you using to read these tables? AccountRight can be accessed using the API, and the Spend Money endpoint for example includes the FX value.

I wonder if you are using a 3rd party program, which presents the data as tables; this program may not be up to date with FX.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi GordyM1 , in AccountRight Premier, to find the FX values you can display the FX bank account in Find Transactions (by account, and the FX values of the transactions are shown.

I don't think there is a way to obtain a report with a running FX balance, but once the list is displayed, right-click and choose Copy to clipboard, and paste the result into an Excel worksheet. If you set up an opening balance you can add a running balance, and repeat the copy/paste of new data each month, or as you wish.