Forum Discussion

Angela28
Trusted Cover User
3 months ago

Passwords / User Access

Hi Everyone, 

I've been managing a few different accounts online by signing in with my my.myob login.

By doing this, I'm never prompted for a username or password for the files. 

I have no User Access option for 2 of these files so I must not be the Administrator for these files, and the person who set this all up is no longer with us.

This has been an issue for some time, I'm looking at integrating with Tanda which is why I've been promoted to get this sorted.

As all files are online, how do I go about sorting this out?

Thank you in advance, 

Angela

• Hi Angela28,

I see you're having trouble sending me a private message. No stress, I'm here to help. I've had a look at your account and done a bit of magic with a fix script that should sort out your user access issue. Try logging out and then back in using the Administrator User ID with no password. You should be able to see the User Access menu then. 

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

12 Replies

• Hi Angela28,

Thank you for reaching out. It seems like you're having issues with user access for two of your company files on MYOB. If you're not the administrator for these files, you won't have the User Access option. The best course of action would be to ask the owner of these two company files to add you as an administrator. This will give you the necessary access and permissions to manage these files effectively. If the above information didn't answer your inquiry about user access, could you please provide us with more details of how you are logging in with your file? It would also be beneficial if you could include screenshots. Please remove any sensitive information before posting in the forum.

Cheers, 

Princess

Angela28
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Princess, 

I am the owner of these 2 files and log in using the my.myob account.

Regards

Angela

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Angela28,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I see you're having a bit of a hiccup with integrating Tanda to MYOB and it's asking for user access. No worries, we'll get this sorted. I've double-checked the email linked to your account and can confirm that you're the account owner. So, when you're on the integration screen and it asks for user access, try using the user ID: Administrator and just leave the password field blank. Give it a go and let's see how it works!

Cheers,

Princess

Angela28
    Trusted Cover User

Hi Princess,

Admin with no password hasn't worked for this file. 

I've figured out the password for the other file, but it has no User Access option once the file has been opened. 

Regards,

Angela

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Angela28,

I understand that you're having trouble accessing the User Access option for a file in MYOB. This can be a bit tricky, but let's try to resolve it. Could you please confirm if you're missing the User Access tab from the Setup menu? If yes, kindly try to navigate to the File menu, click on Switch company file user, and take a screenshot of the User ID window. This is to verify if you are logged in as the administrator user ID. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Princess

Angela28
    Trusted Cover User

Hi Princess,

Yes one file, I do not know the password.

The other file I was able to access is missing the User Access Tab from the Setup menu.

I'll private message this information to you. 

Regards

Angela

Angela28
    Trusted Cover User

Hi again,

Please let me know how I can PM you.

Thanks

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Angela28,

Please send me a private message at this link. Any additional information you can provide will be useful in resolving your User Access issue more efficiently. Looking forward to your response!

Cheers,

Princess

Angela28
    Trusted Cover User

Hi Princess, 

The link is taking me to your user page, I cant see where to send you a message. 

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Angela28,

Thanks for letting me know that you're having trouble private messaging me. Try searching my name using the search icon at the top right of your screen. You should see a message button below "View All Badges."  I've checked your profile and permissions, and everything looks good. If you still can't message me, why not give our virtual assistant, MOCA, a try? It's designed to handle issues like this. If MOCA can't help, you'll be transferred to our live chat team. You can also request support through "My Account" at myob.com. Give it a shot!

Cheers,

Princess

Angela28
    Trusted Cover User

Hi Princess,

Im unable to send you a PM for some reason. 

User Access Tab from the Setup menu is missing in **** file. My user is Administrator 1.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Angela28,

I see you're having trouble sending me a private message. No stress, I'm here to help. I've had a look at your account and done a bit of magic with a fix script that should sort out your user access issue. Try logging out and then back in using the Administrator User ID with no password. You should be able to see the User Access menu then. 

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess