Forum Discussion

JSCHM41
Experienced Cover User
17 days ago

Not allowing change due to no items on hand non-zero value

Hi, 

I have purchase that has a line that was put under the wrong part number. When I go to change the line to the correct part number I am getting the error "......no items on hand and a non-zero value in inventory"

Looking at the purchase it lists the item qty 8 at $125.50 total of $1,004. When I look at the item information it is showing the current value at $1,003.99 with average cost of $125.4988

There are no other transactions against the number, just the purchase. 

When I attempt to change the values of the new number to $1,004 or $1,003.99 I get the error. 

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JSCHM41,

The MYOB software only allows 2 decimal digits. So it's likely that the issue stems from the rounding system of the software. I recommend creating an inventory adjustment for the item to make sure that the decimal does not exceed the 2 decimal places. Additionally, you can read through this link to understand more about the error message.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

JSCHM41
    Experienced Cover User

Thanks Genreve_S 

I don't understand why MYOB has rounded past 2 decimal points? The item only has history of being entered into MYOB at $125.50. No other transactions against it, the next time is me attempting to change the line to the correct part number. 

How can I now remove this item from MYOB? If i do a inventory adjustment against the item it will not allow me to delete the number as there is now transactions against it. If i was able to change the purchase to correct line it would allow me to delete the number. 

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi JSCHM41 , rounding problems are fairly common in inventory, precisely because the program does allow values with more than 2 decimal places. MYOB has developed a number of scripts to resolve these issues, and it may be that one of these would help. 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JSCHM41,

I ran a couple of fixes to your file, as suggested. If you still have the same issue after checking, I recommend creating a support ticket from the My Account page to get support assistance.

Regards,

Genreve