Forum Discussion

8 Replies

MobiusMat
    Contributing User

Just to say I had the exact same issue today with a clients laptop. Closed onedrive, end task on Sharepoint and right clicked and stopped the Microsoft Click to run and the setup process started immediately that had been sitting there for 30 minutes while I drop back to the office with the laptop on.

Something is VERY wrong with the installer for this one of the many MYOB Payroll products.

Teepee11
    Contributing User

Hi @Leo123, I have faced the same issues but found that jenniek's advice to open the Task Manager when the installation dialog disappears & close the MS Office and Sharepoint processes running in the background (after also closing Onedrive), and this worked perfectly. Thanks to you both for sharing this info here.

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Leo123 

How long did you wait for it to start - sometimes it takes awhile. Also right click - run as administrator. We had 1 instance last year where we had to delete all payroll install folders (not just an un-install) to be able to do a complete re-install.

• tried everything. waiting for more than 4 hours. nothing happens. 

jenniek
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Leo123 

Have you tried using safe mode? (I know that's easier said than done in Win10 - but it can be done)