Forum Discussion

8 days ago

reducing hours pay run

Hi there, posting here as the support staff couldn't work out this particular issue and still waiting for a call back since last week.. 

A staff member reduced her days from 2 days to 1 day. She complained her annual leave hours reduced.  It appears same number of weeks entitlement remains but the hours were reduced.  (i.e. her week of entitlement still 3.11 weeks; but hours available was from 46 hours to 22 hours).

When she raised the concerns to me, I called the support and we went thru her past pay slips on MYOB software.  It was noted that her pay slip on MYOB cloud was 22 hours from her past pay slips as opposed to 46 hours she claimed.  Of which, I told her the software and the pdf pay slip could not be altered as it was emailed and sent to her from software. 

So, she printed her past few pay slips and the hours were 46 hours instead of 22 hours. 

1, how to correct, change and record the right amount of annual leave? 

2, how can the software automatically alter the past pay slips which were sent out already? was this not supposed to be a legal document?

thanks

3 Replies

• Hello,

When an employee reduces their weekly working hours, their Annual Leave balance in hours may appear to decrease. However, it's crucial to note that the entitlement is based on weeks of leave rather than hours, as per the Holidays Act. Therefore, if the number of weeks of leave remains unchanged before and after the adjustment, the employee has neither gained nor lost Annual Leave entitlement. You may notice, when the employee take's leave after decreasing their days worked per week, their Annual Leave rate will increase (Average weekly earnings).

For managing these changes in Ace Payroll, please refer to our guide on See Managing annual holiday entitlements (myob.com) here.

Additionally, adjusting the employee's leave setup in their profile will update historic leave balances on pay slips to reflect the new arrangement.  To view the original pay slip before the change in the employee's leave profile, you would need to restore a backup from that period and reissue a copy.

More information can be found on MBIE website regarding managing Leave Entitlements Managing annual holidays | Employment New Zealand

Best regards, Amy

• I understand the entitlement should have changed but why was the past pdf pay slips changed too? 

I am also waiting for your tech person to resolve the issue and she kept telling me she is going to call and never called.  It's already a month past the issue first raised. 

I would really like to make a formal complaint..

AMY_OB
      MYOB Staff

Hey there,

The details on past payslips have been updated due to a recalculation of the entire balance, aligning with the Holidays Act. As a result, the amounts displayed on past payslips have changed to reflect this update, which is expected behavior of the software. 

If you need to review the original payslip before the change in working pattern and leave balance, you will need to restore a backup of the payrun for that specific period. This will allow you to see what the payslip showed prior to the adjustments being made.

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for a callback. You can find all the details on how to raise a complaint right here, at the bottom of the page.

Cheers, Amy