Forum Discussion

belindaod
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago

AccountRight Importing log results file missing

Hi,

We are importing Sales, Service Sales, which is a process we do quite regularly.  

The csv file is 3,500 lines long, around 160 invoices.

The results are attached (a screenshot).

When we attempt to view the log file there is nothing there and when we check where this file is located there has been no file created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, B

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BelindaOD,

Thank you for your post.

In this matter, there are things that you may need to double-check. When importing data to AccountRight, make sure that the CSV file you're trying to import is correctly formatted. Check for any irregularities, such as missing or extra columns, unexpected changes, or inconsistencies in the data. Once you've checked all the fields, try importing the data again. If there's any error in the data, an import log is created at the end of the import process. It's a text file that details any issue with the import, and there's a link to it from the conclusion step of the import and export assistant. If you stop the import before it's finished, the import log won't be created.

Kindly refer to this Help article, Import and Export Fields, that has detailed information about importing data.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

belindaod
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you for your response Princess.

We have since found the reason as to why there were errors in this upload, but only as a long process of comparing data.  This post was not about errors in our upload it was that the log file of the results was missing.

We had not attempted to stop the import before it had finished.  The import file is simply not there at the end of the import process.

This is not a one off and does regularly happen to us, hence why I have decided to make this post.

Would you know of reasons as to shy this may happen - has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks, Belinda

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi BelindaOD,

Thank you for your response.

I understand how frustrating this can be when such problems become recurrent. I've further checked this, and there's no reported issue regarding the log file being unable to be generated. I can suggest some general reasons why the log file might be missing and how to address the situation:

• Check and verify the file location configuration. If it's configured to save the log file in an internal or non-existent folder, you won't find the file where you expect it.
        • Review the settings of the import or data processing tool to ensure that it's configured to create and save log files. Sometimes, there might be an option to enable or disable logging, and it could be unintentionally turned off.
        • Check if the log file might have been created but is empty or has a size of 0 KB. This can occur if the logging process encounters an issue during import.
        • Check if there are resource limitations.
        • Check the version of your AccountRight software to ensure that you've got the latest updates.

I suggest speaking to your IT person regarding this to ensure a more effective solution in this matter.

Please let me know how you go and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess