Forum Discussion

Koksoon
Contributing User
8 months ago
Solved

MYOB AccountRight Premier Version 19.16 - Import Data

Hi, i am using MYOB AccountRight Premier version 19.16 and trying to import data to purchases section. First of all, i am using export data template file from service purchases to insert the data for what i want, then to import data to the service purchases, but unable to import and the MYOBPLOG showing the message "invalid date". May i know is my step for doing import data to the MYOB system correct ? Can advise me how to import the data from the sales & purchases ? Thanks & regards KokSoon
  • Hi Earl_HD , Koksoon , in this case, the issue relates to an invalid date in a text file being imported to AccountRight. Provided WPS Office can save data as a txt file, with the date in the correct format (most likely dd/mm/yyyy, eg 24/10/2023 or 01/09/2023), then there is no compatibility issue.

AccountRight  uses OfficeLink to create reports in Excel, and for that, most likely only Microsoft Excel will be compatible.

It's also possible that the text file has some other issue that leads to an "invalid date" message, so it would be useful to see a copy of the file being imported, and the log file created. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Koksoon,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

my apologies for the late response. In general, an "invalid date" error typically signifies that the system is unable to recognize the information being imported as a valid date.

This issue may arise when there is a disparity in date formatting between the import file and the date settings on the computer that AccountRight references. Such discrepancies can occur if the import file is prepared on one computer and then used on another, or if the file originates from a third-party program that specifies a particular date format.

To address this, it's advisable to confirm and align the time and date format settings on your computer with the format used in the import file.

In some instances, this problem can also be caused by extraneous characters added to the date field, often originating from third-party programs. To resolve this, inspect the original import file to ensure that the fields do not contain unexpected or irregular characters.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl

Koksoon
      Contributing User

Hi, Mr Earl,

Thanks for your reply.  May i know MYOB AccountRight Premier Version 19.16 can support WPS Office Excel ? or only can support Microsoft Excel ? Appreciate you can reply me.

Thanks & regards

Kok Soon

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Koksoon,

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the late response, MYOB AccountRight Premier Version 19.16 is designed to work with Microsoft Excel. It may not be fully compatible with WPS Office Excel, which is an alternative office suite that includes a spreadsheet application similar to Microsoft Excel. MYOB AccountRight Premier is often optimized to work seamlessly with Microsoft Office products, so it's recommended to use Microsoft Excel for the best compatibility and performance with this software. 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
        Regards,
        Earl