Forum Discussion

Nansco_08
Trusted User
4 years ago
Solved

Adjustment to Payables Account

Hi,

I have a foreign supplier which has a out of balance. The sub is correct but how to I make an adjustment to the payables account so it ties with the sub in AccountRight. I try to do a journal but can't select the USD Payables Account does not show in the list.

Thanks

• Hi Emily,

Thanks, I figured out how to do the adjustment.

It was quite simple in the end. For foreign suppliers, you would have to change the currency from your local currency to the foreign currency to be able to do an adjustment.

Regards

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello Nansco_08 

I recommend taking a look at the Help Article on Receivables, payables, or inventory out of balance. You'll find listed the common reasons for payables being out of balance and how to resolve it. Noted that you have attempted to make a general journal entry, but did not see the correct account showing in the list. Depending on the reason for the supplier being out of balance, there may be a different approach outlined in the Help Article.

I will also link an article on multi-currency in AccountRight just for some general information, as that feature in the newer version of AR does vary slightly from what some users were used to in Version 19 software. Lastly, while I am not certain of all the exact details of your scenario, these two posts (here and here) with a similar query and some great advice from our other moderators and Partners on the forum, which you may find applicable.

Nansco_08
      Trusted User

Hi Emily,

Thanks, I figured out how to do the adjustment.

It was quite simple in the end. For foreign suppliers, you would have to change the currency from your local currency to the foreign currency to be able to do an adjustment.

Regards

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi Nansco_08 

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, I wanted to let you know that foreign currency general journals can be created in AccountRight 2020.3. We recommend upgrading to AccountRight 2020.3 to take advantage of this