Forum Discussion

filmtv
Contributing Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

Assigning GST or GNR to a Supplier contact

The AccountRight browser version does not allow you to setup the default for a particluar supplier. to be used when entering transactions. You have to select each line from th edrop down arrow.

Can we set up default settings under each Supplier?

• Hi filmtv,

Thank you for your post.

If you're using AccountRight online, which can be accessed via the desktop and browser versions, this is possible if you've ticked the box "Use Supplier's Tax Code". This will save the default settings when you access your files in the web browser. However, this is only applicable if the item doesn't have a default tax code when sold or bought. Same with the account, if you set an account tax code, it will automatically be used when the account is selected. Adding a Supplier has detailed information about this.

In case you're referring to the browser directly setting up a default tax code for the supplier, this is currently not available in the software. I appreciate your suggestion for the ability to set up a default setting under each supplier. Your feedback is essential to us, and I'll make sure to pass it along to the relevant team. I also encourage you to take a moment to post this idea to our MYOB Business/Essential Idea Exchange for our developers' review and consideration and to encourage other users to vote for that idea.

If you've got any more questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them with us. We're here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi filmtv,

Thank you for your post.

If you're using AccountRight online, which can be accessed via the desktop and browser versions, this is possible if you've ticked the box "Use Supplier's Tax Code". This will save the default settings when you access your files in the web browser. However, this is only applicable if the item doesn't have a default tax code when sold or bought. Same with the account, if you set an account tax code, it will automatically be used when the account is selected. Adding a Supplier has detailed information about this.

In case you're referring to the browser directly setting up a default tax code for the supplier, this is currently not available in the software. I appreciate your suggestion for the ability to set up a default setting under each supplier. Your feedback is essential to us, and I'll make sure to pass it along to the relevant team. I also encourage you to take a moment to post this idea to our MYOB Business/Essential Idea Exchange for our developers' review and consideration and to encourage other users to vote for that idea.

If you've got any more questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them with us. We're here to help.

Cheers,

Princess