Forum Discussion

Blair_38
Experienced User
7 months ago

autobuild inventory error

Hi,

I am having huge issues with discreprancies between our inventory ledger balance and the general ledger balance.  I have narrowed the issue down to two problems.

1.  The negative items do not equal the positive items.  
In some cases I have been able to amend, however, if any item in the build is out of stock, it will not allow changes to the journal.  This is also a very manual process.  We are now having to manually check and amend every build.  

How can we prevent this from happening?  This is causing huge discreprancies in stock values, which are then having to be written off to stock loss account to balance out ledgers, which is causing inflated profits or false loses.  

2.  The account that the items are being coded to.  

As you can see on the screen shot, the item inventory account is raw materials.  It is for the first item on the screen shot of the journal.  MYOB then automatically puts the raw materials account code into the account column.  This then causes a DR and a CR to the raw materials account.  This is not correct.  There should be a DR to the finished goods and a CR to the raw materials account.  I have been having to manually correct this.  Again.  Very time consuming.

How do we tell MYOB to DR finished goods and CR raw materials?

Please advise.  I am pulling my hair out. 

9 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Blair_38 , regarding point 2, could you attach a screenshot of the journal from the recap screen (Edit, Recap...)?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Blair_38

Thanks for posting your concern. 

The recap screen can be accessed from Edit > Recap Transaction or Ctrl + R. It will show you what accounts were affected by the recorded transaction. I recommend reading through this article, Recapping Transactions. This will provide further information. 

Feel free to respond with the screenshot that Mike_James has asked. 

We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
        Genreve