Forum Discussion

UPCNZ
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

card files

what card file do i create for a donee as they are not a customer, we are a charitable trust and most all income is from pledges and donations

• Hi UPCNZ 

Typically, Receive Money transactions will be recorded against a Customer type card. However, all card types will appear in the Payor selection list for recording a Receive Money transaction. As such, you could look at recording that transaction to a Personal card type, if required.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi UPCNZ 

What is the purpose of adding the card to the company file? 

If you are adding them to record an invoice to them you would be looking at adding them as a Customer. If for a purchase then a Supplier card. Should it be a payroll transaction (or a salesperson on an invoice) an Employee. If you are just entering the card to record their details i.e. no transactions recorded to the card, set them up as a Personal.

UPCNZ
      Experienced User

HI,

They are niether customers as we dont invoice them or suppliers as we dont purchase from them,

they are donees to our charitable trust, we recieve money from them so I need to create a card for thier transaction of funds deposited.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi UPCNZ 

Typically, Receive Money transactions will be recorded against a Customer type card. However, all card types will appear in the Payor selection list for recording a Receive Money transaction. As such, you could look at recording that transaction to a Personal card type, if required.