Forum Discussion

Stonegate
Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Data Invalid Error

Hi, I'm using the AccountRight 2021.3 and having the error message of "data Invalid" while I'm amending an sales invoice. The message also poped up when I try to delete the invoice. Really frustraiti...
    4 years ago

Hi Stonegate 

A DataInvalid message is typically caused by a duplicate record within the database (often not viewable to the user). These particular situations do require company files to come in for an investigation and possible repair. Before we can arrange for that file to come in we do need to know exactly when it is occurring. For example:

I am encountering the DataInavlid message when attempting to edit transaction <insert transaction number> date <insert transaction date> for customer<Insert customer name>. I'm looking at editing the account/item <xxx> to be <xxx>.

Also, if the company file is stored online getting the following Information as well will be appreciated:
    What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

With this information, we can pass it across with the ticket to our data file repair team so they can clearly see that what the circumstances of that message occurring and ensure that it is working as intended before returning the file. If it is occurring on cards, transactions, accounts... just getting one example is required.