Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Date Formats

I have a problem with the date formats in MYOB.  At some point during the day the format changes from Australian to American format.  Its random when it happens.  I end up sending invoices to clients with the wrong format.  In order to change it back to Australian format I have to log out and log back in again.  I am looking unprofessional with this.  Can someone provide a solution, my Windows settings is Australian format

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi SoulaK , does this affect the dates displayed in the program, or just the dates appearing on printed forms? 

Are other forms like statements also affected?

Are you working in an Australian time zone?

SoulaK

Hi Mike, this affects all dates in MYOB and in addition a negative number changes form eg: -22.00 to (22.00)

I am working in an Australian time zone, and unfortunately I don't notice when the change in format takes place

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SoulaK

I've passed your concern to the relevant team, who're looking into it. For now, you can back up your file, restore it offline, and send the email. The workaround you mentioned can also work.cc

Feel free to start a new thread if you need any more help.

Thanks,

Genreve

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi SoulaK , pending assistance from the team mentioned, I suggest one procedure to try:

• Open control panel (not Settings)
    • Select Region
    • Select Additional settings, and check that the settings on each tab are correct. Click OK to update.
    • Select the Administrative tab
    • Select Copy Settings
    • Tick "Welcome screen & system accounts. Leave the other option blank.
    • Click OK twice to update Region settings
    • Restart your computer and AccountRight. 
      SoulaK

Hi Mike, I have tried your suggestion, I will see if it makes a difference.  Thank you

• Hi Mike, unfortunately my date formats changed again today, and as always right before I emailed an invoice