Forum Discussion

2 years ago

entering receipts

Hello

Im a compleat novice trying to work this out.

I have all the paper receipts for fuel, materials ets, but can not find where to enter them.

Useing the app to take photos of them takes WAY to long. Any advice?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi GlennBennett 

Thanks for your post. If you would prefer to manually enter those receipts you can record them as either Spend money or Bills transactions:

• Banking>>Spend money - payments for things like fuel, office supplies, phone bills
    • Purchases>>Enter Purchases - supplier invoices for materials and stock
      • if invoices have been paid when recording the Enter purchases transaction enter the payment amount in Paid Today
      • if invoices are not paid when recording the Enter purchases transaction, record a Pay Bills transaction when payment is made

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

GlennBennett
      User

Thank you.

After I do that, the “find transaction” page comes up “find and replace” comes up. After I find the  transaction (if its there), how do I save it? Or does it do it automatically? Sorry for the dumb questions but Im compleatly new to book keeping. 

Also,how do I find how much GST im supposed to pay?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi GlennBennett 

You posted on the AccountRight board but you're using MYOB Business so those Help Articles I provided in my previous reply don't match your software. These are the ones for MYOB Business:

Spend money

Purchases

The transaction is saved when you click on Record. The Find transactions window is a search window to locate transactions. You can also access this window from Banking>>Find transactions. You don't need to do anything in this window when you're recording transactions. If you're recording multiple transactions of the same type, eg Spend money, click on Record and new. This will record the transaction and open a new Spend money window.

To find out how much you need to pay, or if you're getting a refund, on your BAS run the GST reports in Reporting>>Reports>>Business tab. You can also set up online activity statements to lodge your BAS directly from the software:

Get ready to lodge activity statements

Lodge your activity statements online

Ask as many questions as you like, I'm happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.