Forum Discussion

Kylieu
Experienced User
4 months ago

Error converting Purchase order to Bill

Hi

I have a purchase order that I'm trying to convert to a bill.  This is something I do regularly and have done for 20+ years.  I am getting an application timed out error when I use the desktop version and when I use the online version of Accountright, I get the following error.

Request ID: ad2d2e6c-85b8-4c9b-9c9a-36fd685b34bd.

Can anyone advise how this can be fixed?  

• Hi Kylieu,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum!

I can see that you are unable to convert a purchase to a bill as you are encountering an error in both Accountright and in the web browser. Can you please go to Setup>Linked Accounts>Purchases and check if all the account numbers have been entered? Are there any fields that are currently empty? 

This usually happens when converting an order to a bill or invoice with one or more items having an on hand quantity between 0 and 1, Users experience a not responding or timeout error. Our developers are looking into the exact cause of this error, but it seems to be related to one or more pieces of information in your order being corrupt (even though everything looks OK). When AccountRight tries to convert the order into a bill, an error occurs.

The workaround in this scenario is to create the bill from scratch, then delete the original order. When creating the bill, you can use the original order number to help keep track of the transaction. If AccountRight warns you about using the same bill number, disregard this warning, as you'll be deleting the original order.

When the bill is created, you can open and delete the original order.

Also, it is important to keep the latest version of Accountright. Is yours updated to the latest version? If not, you may access this link and check for the latest version of the software.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

Kylieu
    Experienced User

Thank you.  You were correct, the quantity on hand for the item was 0.  Even creating a fresh bill did not help.  I ended up having to adjust the inventory item so that it showed a quantity of 1 and then I was able to record a bill for this particular inventory item.  After the bill was recorded, I deleted the inventory adjustment.  I hope the bug can be resolved in the future.

• Hi Kylieu,

That's great that you were able to work it out! No worries, our developers are already working on this issue.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem