Forum Discussion

Rie
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Error Datainvalid

Hi,

We have started to get an Error message Datainvalid.

So far, the message seems to come when we are in Banks feed and want to link a payment to a bill that was put into the system in June but paid in July. Also, when we try to make an amendment to a post that was made in Receive Money, we can't amend the post or delete it.

Please help!

Thank you.

• Hi Rie 

Thank you for confirming that information.

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Rie
    Experienced Cover User

Noted in previous threads that the file needs to be submitted to be fixed. Is someone able to please advise what we need to do !!

• Hi Rie 

Typically, a DataInvalid error message is caused by a duplicate record in the database. The company file would need to come in for an investigation and possible repair.

For us to arrange for that come in we would need to grab an exact example of when the situation is occurring. For example:

Getting DataInvalid message trying to match bank feed transaction for bank account x-xxxx date xx/xx/xxxx for $x.xx against a Pay Bill transaction for supplier xxx which is paying off purchase no xxxxxxx, xxxxx...

If it is occurring with multiple records, just one example is fine. This to pass across to our team who do those investigations to ensure that the potential repair is working as intended prior to returning the file.

Rie
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven_M 

Thank you for your reply.

It does happens in Bank Feeds with multiple records but one example below and also appears to be if we need to amend anything once it has been recorded e.g. a credit was put in for the 8th instead of the 7th, when we went to try and amend the date we get an error message.

Getting DataInvalid message trying to match bank feed transaction for NAB Business Account date 06/07/2020 for $59.84 against a Pay Bill transaction for Supplier DHL paying invoice/purchase number 252

Please let me know what other info you need from me to get this sorted.

Kind regards,

Rie

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Rie 

Thank you for confirming that information.

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.