Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

How to Apply payment to a sales invoice with credit balance

We have a scenario where we have received money for a sales invoice twice in error.

The first time we received the funds we were able to overreceipt, however now that the sales invoice has a credit balance it does not show up when setting the settings to include closed sales.

How can I over receipt this already in credit sales invoice?

I will need to also refund these monies and will do that as a separate transaction.

• Hi Angela0011

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in handling overpayments. Generally, if you overpaid an invoice the excess value would go directly to the Returns and Credits tab of the sales register which you could apply to an existing invoice or refund it to the customer. 

I recommend reading through these articles, Customer Returns, Credits, and Refunds, and Customer Overpayments. This will explain the process more deeply. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Angela0011

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in handling overpayments. Generally, if you overpaid an invoice the excess value would go directly to the Returns and Credits tab of the sales register which you could apply to an existing invoice or refund it to the customer. 

I recommend reading through these articles, Customer Returns, Credits, and Refunds, and Customer Overpayments. This will explain the process more deeply. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve