Forum Discussion

Hemasri
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

How to delete the old Remittance advice - email

hi ,

I am trying to flush out the old records of the remittance advice stocking up in myob. I dont want to send email nor print them . how can i delete them .

I tried to change the preference -> email -> Do not use Accountright email , and tried to do it as mentioned in the help. but i get error message . Could someone help

• Hi Hemasri 

Generally speaking, you want to take a look at the following Help Article: Clearing the To Be Printed or To Be Emailed windows for clearing those windows.

However, based on the message you are getting the transaction is dated in a prior lock period. If you did wish to update that record you would need to ensure the following option is unticked or date prior to the transaction date - Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Lock Period: Disallow entries prior to 

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Hemasri 

Generally speaking, you want to take a look at the following Help Article: Clearing the To Be Printed or To Be Emailed windows for clearing those windows.

However, based on the message you are getting the transaction is dated in a prior lock period. If you did wish to update that record you would need to ensure the following option is unticked or date prior to the transaction date - Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Lock Period: Disallow entries prior to 

Hemasri
      Experienced User

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the solution . It fixed the error and was able to delete the record . but still cannot do the selection and group delete by clicking on sendemail button . It throws an error .

any solution for this .

I dont want to open each record and do it .will be time saving if i could do the deletion in a bunch without sending the email .

Thanks,

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Hemasri 

Additional information would be required to the situation to help us investigate that exact situation.

For example:

• What is the exact wording of the error message? - If it is a Something has gone wrong message, a copy of the error log (bottom left of the message).
        • Are you using AccountRight to email or a desktop email client - i.e. is Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing>>Send Emails Using AccountRight enabled?
        • If you using a desktop email client, what product and version of that are you using including is it a 32 bit or 64 bit?
        • Can you email other transactions i.e. Invoices?
        • Is it only occurring when you attempt to email in bulk or does a single email generate the same message?