Forum Discussion

renocg
User
11 months ago

How to have unit of measure appear on invoice template?

Hi team

I am confused on how to sell items via unit of measure

For example, I want to sell 150 units of coconut. If I want to put in an sales order for 5 boxes of coconut, with each box selling 30 individual units , how do I get that to appear on invoice template?

As it appears theres only a form to fill in for individual units when I select the item , despite the item having the unit of measure set up on it's item page.

I do not want me or the picking staff to manually calculate how many boxes per units im trying to sell (If i had just type 150 units instead)

Did I set it up correctly? please help!

Thanks

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi renocg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

In this matter, this help Article: Personalizing invoices has detailed instructions and information that you can use as a guide. Also, if you want the unit of measure to appear on the invoice template, you can go back to the item, click on selling details>>under the selling unit of measure, key in the unit in this box and click OK. You can preview or print this invoice from this item.  

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

renocg
      User

Still confused as i followed your guide and instructions and the unit of measure still not appearing on new sales layout as seen in my screenshot before. Did I set it up correctly?

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi renocg,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response.

Thanks for the detailed information. It seems like you've set up the unit of measure for your items correctly, but you're looking for an easier way to input the quantities when creating a sales order or invoice. To streamline this process and avoid manual calculations, you can use the unit of measure feature effectively. Here's how to do it:

Set Up Units of Measure:

• Make sure you've already set up the unit of measure for your coconut item. In your case, you've set it up with "Box" as the selling unit and "Each" as the base unit.

Creating a Sales Order or Invoice:

• When you create a sales order or invoice, select the coconut item.
    • In the Quantity field, enter the total number of individual units you want to sell, which is 150 in your example.

Unit Conversion:

• MYOB AccountRight should automatically calculate and display the equivalent quantity in your selling unit (which is "Box" in your case).
    • So, in the Quantity field, you'll see "5" boxes because each box contains 30 individual units.

Save the Order or Invoice:

• Complete the rest of the order or invoice details and save it.

By following these steps, you can enter the total quantity of individual units you want to sell (150) without needing to manually calculate how many boxes it corresponds to. MYOB AccountRight will handle the unit conversion for you, making the process more efficient and accurate. 

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl