Forum Discussion

HMS
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Inventory items do not include input taxed GST

Hi All,

I am using MYOB Accountright Premier v AU 2022.6.0

I am having an issue with the way MYOB is handling input taxed inventory item purchases.

E.g. I enter a bill for 100 widgets and allocate the bill to an Item called Widgets.  The Total cost is $110 which includes $10 GST.  As we cannot claim this GST, the tax code INP is used (input taxed).

In the General Ledger, the Inventory Control Account corrects increases by $110.

However, the amount recorded against the inventory item called Widgets, only increases by $100 (i.e. excluding the $10 non-claimable GST).

When an Inventory Value Reconciliation report is run, the report is out of balance by $10 as the Inventory Control Account Balance is $10 higher than the total of the individual inventory items.

I have spoken to MYOB about this issue only to be told that Items cannot include GST, even if the GST is non-claimable!

We used the old AccountRight Premier v19.16 up until 30 June 2022 and we never had this issue because non-claimable GST (using the INP tax code) correctly was allocated to both the Item and the Inventory Control Account.

Anybody able to assist with this issue?

Many thanks

Glen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    HMS
    Contributing Cover User

Hi everyone,

I am using MYOB Accountright Premier v AU 2022

I am having an issue with the way MYOB is handling input taxed inventory item purchases.

E.g. I enter a bill for 100 widgets and allocate the bill to an Item called Widgets.  The Total cost is $110 which includes $10 GST.  As we cannot claim this GST, the tax code INP is used (input taxed).

In the General Ledger, the Inventory Control Account corrects increases by $110.

However, the amount recorded against the inventory item called Widgets, only increases by $100 (i.e. excluding the $10 non-claimable GST).

When an Inventory Value Reconciliation report is run, the report is out of balance by $10 as the Inventory Control Account Balance is $10 higher than the total of the individual inventory items.

We used the old AccountRight Premier v19.16 up until 30 June 2022 and we never had this issue because non-claimable GST (using the INP tax code) correctly was allocated to both the Item and the Inventory Control Account.

I have called MYOB multiple times about this issue and always end up in a call centre in South Africa where the staff simply do not understand the above problem with the new version of MYOB.

Is anybody able to assist with this issue I am having? Does anyone know how I escalate this issue with MYOB because calling the help line is simply a waste of time. I need to speak to a developer or someone with knowledge about GST and inventory items which is simply not the case when speaking to the call centre in South Africa!

Many thanks

Glen