Forum Discussion

Nicccc
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Inventory sales reports

I am having trouble with several item sales reports and cannot get them to show all the information that i need.

1. Item Transactions Report, I want to include: 

- the sales values in the relevant foreign currency that the sale was invoiced in

- number of units

2. Sales [Item Detail] Report, I want to include: 

- the sales values in the relevant foreign currency that the sale was invoiced in

3. Sales [item Summary] Report, I want to include: 

-  the sales values in the relevant foreign currency that the sale was invoiced in

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Nicccc , the only sales reports at present (in the desktop app) that have the option to display original currency are sales by customer. Item and Salesperson sales reports do not have that option. 

So you could run a Customer Sales Detail report to excel with originating currency selected, then sort by Item/Activity column. Only sales amounts are available, not COGS or gross margin. 

The foreign currency amounts are available as part of the invoice details via the API, so external report writer programs such as ours could create the reports you want. 

Nicccc
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the quick reply Mike

I'm a bit disappointed though as 'Sales by customer' is not exactly what I need and I'll have to fiddle with it a lot.

The reports I mentioned are very very basic and I would have thought we should be able to customise for such base-line requirements. Is this something that can be added by the tech team?

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Nicccc , as I am an independent MYOB partner I can't answer for the development team.

When multiple currency was added as a feature of the new AccountRight, it took a while, and various feedback, to get originating currency added to the few reports that have that option now. The browser version is the top priority for MYOB at the moment, and is having features added that are not in the desktop app; but multiple currencies is not yet available in the browser (as at 2022.11).

As I said, we can generate item sales reports with originating currency values, and we can mix customers and items in the same report down to gross margin. Email me if you want to know more.