Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Invoicing app - how to discount an item

Hi there,

Can anyone please help here.

We want to move to have the sales team raising invoices for their orders using the invoicing app.

I can't see how they can apply a discount to an individual item on the invoice. For example, they may have an order for 5 different products for a customer. 2 products have a 7.5% discount, 1 product has a 10% discount and 2 products have no discount. This is easy to do on the desktop app, however I don't see how we can do this via the mobile invoicing app.

If anyone can help please.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sydwine ,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! 

Adding a discount using the invoice app would be an amazing feature. However, currently, there is no option to do this in the app. I recommend showing your support for this feature on our Product Ideas page. MYOB Invoices (app): Add discount to invoice items

You can also visit our help articles for more information. 

Customer discounts 

Using the MYOB Invoice app

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Earl.

Thank you for your reply. I will add it to the product idea page. 

It seems like a very standard need for invoicing, so it really surprises me that it's not possible to do this on the invoicing app. It makes the app quite useless for sales reps putting through orders when they are on the road.

At this stage, we are starting to look at an alternative to MYOB as they don't fit out needs anymore and have fallen behind in keeping up with how modern business works.