Forum Discussion

Liam98
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Issues with Importing Data into Dummy Company

Hi there

I'm having some issues importing a file containing item sales data into MYOB AccountRight. As I've never done this before, I decided to play around with the Clearwater dummy company to get the hang of it however I still get error messages when trying to import. This is the process I have taken:

1. Using the Import/Export Assistant, I selected export data.

2. I chose 'Sales' and then 'Item Sales' from the two drop-down boxes in step 2.

3. I chose to separate data using commas, and included field headers.

4. I added all fields for exporting.

5. I exported the file as a .txt and then in Excel, converted this to a .csv file.

6. I removed all sales with the exception of one. I changed the invoice number and the item number (ensuring the item number still matched an actual item in the dummy company) but kept the rest of the data the same as it was upon exporting from the dummy company.

After this, I followed the import data process with this new .csv file:

1. Selected import data in the Import/Export Assistant.

2. Selected Sales and Item Sales in the drop-down boxes in step 2.

3. Selected my .csv file to import.

4. I separated data by commas, and allowed the first line of the file to contain headers. I also matched cards using their Co./Last Name.

5. I automatched most of the fields in step 4 of the import assistant, and matched the rest. The only one I wasn't certain about was the compulsory Inc-GST Total field on the right, which I matched to the Total field on the left. I left the Total field itself unmatched as I didn't want to risk an error by doubling up fields.

When I do this, I get error 4346: an unbalanced transaction may not be recorded. I thought just testing it with one transaction line would make it work but haven't had any joy so far! If someone could please tell me what I'm doing wrong it'd be much appreciated. When it comes to importing the actual data from Xero, I thought I'd use the dummy export file from MYOB (once I've got the correct format worked out) as my template and I'd add it in there to the actual company.

I've also attached my dummy .csv file that is giving me the error.

Thank you!

Kind regards

Liam

• Hi Liam98 , try inserting a row at the top, which should have two curly braces - {} - at position 1. That indicates to the program that the file format is intended for the current program. Without those, it assumes the format is designed for the legacy version 19 program. 

If you are importing by name, deselect the other two fields (card ID, record ID) prior to import. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Liam98 , try inserting a row at the top, which should have two curly braces - {} - at position 1. That indicates to the program that the file format is intended for the current program. Without those, it assumes the format is designed for the legacy version 19 program. 

If you are importing by name, deselect the other two fields (card ID, record ID) prior to import.