Forum Discussion

additions
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Online Payment Surcharge

Hi, 

I hope someone can help. As I have spent 2 days phoning myob, being told they cannot help or being hung up on.

We have set up online payments and I have selected that the customer gets charged the online surcharge. The income account I have chosen is our company account. 
When a customer pays using an online payment, my bank feed shows the full amount including the surchage and then it automatically matches the amount to the customer invoice which does not have the surcharge. I can only assume the surcharge then goes into undesposited funds because it has no where else to go but when you look for it, it's no where to be found. 
When you go to reconcile the account, you will find the payment including the surcharge and then the surcharge on its own. I have tried deleting it, reversing it....but have created more problems for myself. 

If I were to select them it would unbalance my reconciliation. 

I need help. 

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi additions 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum.

As for your concern, When a customer makes a payment, the details will automatically be entered into your company file for you, and the invoice will be closed off. Providing you've specified the bank account to record your online invoice payments when you turned on the surcharging. (setup>>Preferences>>Emailing tab>>Edit payment option),  The individual payment you received for a day, along with any credit card surcharges, will  be recorded in our Undeposited Funds Account

A bank deposit will then be automatically created to include all undeposited funds that were settled. If you use Bank Feeds, the lump sum deposit for the day's customer payments will be automatically matched to the bank deposit. 

You will see the individual surcharge amounts in the Bank Register: Go to Banking command center>>and click Bank Register>.Choose the Undeposited Funds Account. A list of transaction appears. >>The surcharge amount will have the same ID No. as the received payment. but with an additional "S" at the end. 

You can check on this Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments, Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

additions
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Cel, 

I wish this answered my question but it doesn't.

Yes all of this happens however when I go to reconcile my bank account the surcharge is seperate and unticked as there is nothing to match it to. 

I have attached some screen shots. 

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi additions 

Thanks for your reply, 

As for your concern, You can edit the surcharge that goes to undeposited funds or you can prepare a bank deposit to transfer to the correct account. 

You can check on this Help Article: Customer surcharging for online payments,  "How do I change the bank account my fees and charges are debited from"  Note that only the Online owner or an Online Administrator can change the bank details. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

additions
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Cel, 

The online payment settings are already all set up to come out of the business account. 

Can you clarify, do we also get charged the surcharge as a business? Is this why I have this extra payment? 

I still don't understand how to reconcile this amount where there is no transaction to match it to? If I go to prepare a bank deposit, there is nothing there. Have I missed something entirely with this concept? 

Thanks

Jace 

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi additions 

As shown in your second screenshot. The Online payment charge goes to 1-0820 while the surcharge of that payment gets sent to 1-0112. The ledger account where this is being recorded can be checked and corrected for the charge to fall in the right ledger account. In this previous Help Article Customer surcharging for online payments, you could either have those surcharged to your customer or have it inside your ledger account(you can also edit which ledger account those surcharges get sent to)

Please feel free to post again if you still need any further help.  I'm happy to assist you. 

Best Regards, 

Cel

additions
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Celia, 

I am still completely lost. 

So one payment is an online payment charge? and one is a surcharge? 
      Why is the online payment going to 1-0820? 

When you say ledger account, where are you reffering to? Are you saying that if I can find the online payment, I can move it?

A screenshot of how my online payments are set up and have been set up since day 1. 

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, additions apologies for the late reply.

I just want to verify if you are still having this error on your account.

Please let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Regards,

Hannah