Forum Discussion

billyjess
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

printer name invalid

I went to print Supplier Summary for April on AccountRight 2020 but I get the message 'The Printer name is invalid".  it prints everything else on my computer, within myob and also all other stuff, just not this supplier summary.  I have NO idea how to uninstall my printer and reinstall it and I just don't know how to fix this problem.  Can anyone please help?

• Hi billyjess

Thank you for your post. The error "Printer name is invalid" indicates the installation of the printer has potentially failed or only completed part of the installation within the registry. Other programs will still be able to print as they are accessing the correct printer name. You've mentioned that you only receive this error for one report, to troubleshoot can you please try and print the report in our sample clearwater file , does the same error appear for the report ? 

If the error still appears for the clearwater file, you will need to uninstall the printer driver, then reinstall the driver and set it as your default. If you're unsure on how to uninstall the printer driver you will need to speak to an IT professional on how to do this. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi billyjess

Thank you for your post. The error "Printer name is invalid" indicates the installation of the printer has potentially failed or only completed part of the installation within the registry. Other programs will still be able to print as they are accessing the correct printer name. You've mentioned that you only receive this error for one report, to troubleshoot can you please try and print the report in our sample clearwater file , does the same error appear for the report ? 

If the error still appears for the clearwater file, you will need to uninstall the printer driver, then reinstall the driver and set it as your default. If you're unsure on how to uninstall the printer driver you will need to speak to an IT professional on how to do this. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions. 

billyjess
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Melissa ..  thanks for your reply.  I can't test the printer on clearwater, as its not on line.  Everything prints perfectly that isn't on line, including, I would imagine, clearwater.  Its only our file that is on line, that I actually discovered this morning won't print ANYTHING at all.  I actually spent just over 2 hrs on the phone to myob (:) ) this morning, and her thoughts were the same as yours regarding the printer.  I have my printer booked in with an IT guy for Monday, so hopefully ..  

Thanks again ..

Wendy