Forum Discussion

Bill2601
Contributing User
4 months ago

Read Only files. Do you have to pay to access these files?

Do we need to have a paid service if we only want to keep 'read only' files on MYOB for historical data access?

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Bill2601,

Thank you for your message. No, you don't necessarily need a paid service if you only require read-only access to files in MYOB. However, we would recommend canceling your subscription properly if you no longer need full access to MYOB files.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

Bill2601
      Contributing User

Hi Earl

I do need access to my old files for the next 10 years. Do you know if there is a fee to access my Read Only files for 10 years?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Bill2601 

You may need to provide more detail for a meaningful answer. For example, what MYOB software are you using?

Some software is 'browser only' like MYOB Business (old Essentials), other software is desktop or online such as AccountRight.

If you use Accountright, then you will have a 'company file'. If you have this file (or a backup), you can access the data in that file as long as you like. It may be read-only but you can view, print reports etc without a subscription. The file must be offline, you cannot access any online file without a subscription.

If you use MYOB Business, then you do not have an 'company file', so you cannot create a backup, and cannot 'access' the file without a subscription.

Regards

Gavin