Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Recipient Created Tax Invoices Copies

It seems that you cannot attach a document to a sales invoice in AccountRight.

Nearly all of our sales are RCTI  type sales which are not uncommon and used widely in agricultural sales as well as many other fields in which I have had experience. Whilst we can store documents electonically for support of purchases; sales miss out and we have to go back to a manual printing and filing of documents to support our RCTI sales and store them manually  in old arch binders files (for 5 years) and have to look them up manually  as needed (not always possible or convenient). MYOB is out of the ark in this area. You can do it in Xero and it seems incongruous that MYOB cannot handle this basic, common transaction: electronic filing of accounting tax documents!

Even if MYOB cannot offer an "Intray" for invoices it should offer a basic falicity where we can at least attach a document loaded up from, say, our desktop. This could be an interim fix if the other is just too difficult or costly for MYOB.

It also adds to our costs when the external accountant or auditor wishes to view this type of document.

I had better rescue from the s**bleep** all those obsolete arch binders!

It also makes me wonder if MYOB is passe and cannot afford the resources required to correct this simple omission. Hopefully I am quite wrong here and someone will advise that an RCTI attachment can be done.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello RobDorr 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

You are most certainly able to make use of recipient created tax invoices in AccountRight.I have attached a Help Article on these RCTI which has information about both creating and receiving them and also how to personalise them.

AccountRight also does offer an Intray function, your file does need to be online to make use of this function.
    I have also attached a Help Article so that you are able to work with intray documents.

Please let me know if this information has been helpful.

RobDorr
      User

Thanks for the links Chris,which I have (quickly) looked over but none explain how to attach a document  (any document) to a sales invoice  that I have raised, which in my case was attaching a customer raised RCTI to the invoice that I, the supplier raise to record the customer  raised RCTI. My question was not RCTI specific but how to attach a document to an invoice I have raised.. I cannot see a method to link such a document from the Intray to  my sales invoice as It works for supplier invoices in Purchases and there is no similar Intray or Attachment option on the sales entry screen that I can see (but perhaps I am missing the obvious).

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

My apologies for the misunderstanding, currently you are only able to attach receipt documents to bills. 

We're always on the lookout for new ways to improve our software for our customers, have you heard of our AccountRight Ideas Exchange? It's where you can give and vote for other suggestions that go directly to our developers. I would suggest posting about this feature on this board.