Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Recipient created tax invoice

We run sub contractor trucks. Is there a way with any myob software (preferably account right) to invoice a client and allocate the associated costs to a sub contractor and create an RCTI? 

we run around 150 trucks a week and keep a percentage. 

so basically we would invoice $100 for a truck and somehow allocate $85 of that to the sub contractor ? 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Nicole2 

You can create a recipient created tax invoice (or RCTI) on AccountRight. 

Below I have given instructions on how to create it in the software but for specific advice I recommend checking with an accountant or visit the ATO or IRD website.

Creating an RCTI (as a customer)

As the customer receiving the goods or services, a recipient created tax invoice is entered the same way as any other bill. When you print the bill, by default Recipient Created Tax Invoice will be displayed.

If you're also paying the supplier, enter the supplier payment to close the bill.

If you'd like to customise your RCTIs, see Personalising forms.

Receiving an RCTI (as a supplier)

If you've received an RCTI from a customer, record it in AccountRight like any other invoice. You can then record the payment against the invoice.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.